How much do you love cinnamon? And how much do you love chocolate? I love them both rather a lot, so I decided for this week’s blog, I’d combine the two in the form of a cupcake. It’s a little unusual with the spicy cinnamon, but makes for a tasty little morsel for afternoon tea. Not too sweet either!
Cinnamon and chocolate cupcakes
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g milk chocolate, chopped, to top
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Prepare muffin tray with 15 paper patty cases.
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Fold into butter mixture.
- Stir in milk and chocolate. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into patty cases.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cupcakes springs back when lightly touched.
- Transfer to wire rack and leave to cool.
- To melt chocolate, place chopped up pieces into a microwave-proof bowl and microwave for 30 second bouts, stirring in between, until just melted. Allow to cool before drizzling onto cupcakes.